**Treaty Cards & Membership activities are Temporarily Suspended
Suzanne McKay is now serving as Band Councillor, and has resigned from her Indian Registry Position. Job posting for this position will be posted shortly. Please stay tuned to our website for further details. **
In the last couple years, our membership continues to be updated on a regular basis and has since controlled its own Band Registrations since 2012. In the Manitoba Region, the Indian Registry Administrator duties will include the following:
- Registration of New Borns; On and Off the Reserve. (Original Birth Certificates are required, with Parents name listed.)
- Registration for Adult and/or Children. (Original Birth Certificates are required.)
- Issue of Old "Laminate" Treaty Cards on-reserve of Berens River First Nation, dates to be posted throughout the year: January, March, July, and October (via fax to Berens River First Nation).
- Blood Quantum Letters for Berens River Band Members who wish to work, live and attain education in the U.S. and are applying for the Jay Treaty and/or Green Card.
- Assist with applications for the "New" Secure Certificates of Indian Status Identification (Documents required: Two (2) identical passport photos, and original birth certificate; If under age 18, both parents name are required on the birth certificate).
Click Here to access the Aboriginal Affairs Northern Development Canada for more information on the application process for the following:
- NEW Secure Certificate of Indian Status Application Forms
- Application for Treaty Payments
- Adult/Child Registration
- Gender Equality with Indian Registration Act Application for Registration
Indian Registry Administrator
Tel: (204) 982-0690
Fax: (204) 982-0698